Budgets are flexible and can be created for teams, projects, events, subscriptions, one-off purchases and more.
To create a budget:
- Open the budgets page
- Click the ‘create new budget’ button to open the create a new budget form
- Enter the budget name – make the name something that everyone can clearly understand
- Enter the amount you would like to allocate to the budget- this is generally the total amount you wish to spend on that budget
- Select if the budget repeats monthly or not – if you select ‘never’ you are able to set an expiry date by checking the box and entering an expiry date
- Assign an approver for the budget by clicking their name from the drop down – this person is responsible for approving top-up requests
- Assign all required team members to the budget by clicking their names from the drop down. – these people will have access to the funds allocated to them
- Select how the budget is allocated by selecting even split, approve every expense or custom
- Click the create button once you have entered all details into the form
- Your budget will be created instantly and team member will be issued a virtual card with their funds
Please note, once you create a budget each team member will be instantly issued a virtual card with their allocated funds available to spend.