Setting up your business takes approximately 7 minutes.
To setup your business:
1. Invite your team
- Enter each person’s email address – please use their work email address only
- Select each person’s access level
- Click the invite another button if you would like to invite more people
- Click the send invites button
- An email will be sent instantly to each person with a link to join your team and to create their DiviPay account
Please note, if you try to add more people than allowed on your current plan you will be prompted to upgrade your plan. Learn how to update your pricing plan here.
2. Add funds to your DiviPay account
- Transfer funds to your DiviPay account using the Account and BSB number provided – we recommend transferring enough funds to cover a month’s worth of expenses
- Click the ‘I have transferred funds’ button once complete
Please note this is a unique account number to your business and funds will be available in your account balance in 3-5 working days.
3. Link your accounting software
If you use Xero:
- Click the connect button next to Xero
- Enter your email address and password to login to Xero when prompted
- Your Xero account is now linked to DiviPay
If you don’t use Xero:
- Enter how you do your accounting software in the section titled ‘Accounting software not here?’ – this helps our engineers understand what integration to prioritise next
- Click submit
In the interim if we do not have a direct connection with your accounting software you can still export all expense data into a CSV and import it into your accounting software. We will continue to roll out integrations with all major accounting software in the coming months.
4. Map your chart of accounts (Xero users only)
Please note, you are not required to map your chart of accounts unless you have linked Xero to your DiviPay account.
To map your chart of accounts:
- Click on the ‘select accounting code’ drop down next to a relevant expense category
- Select the Xero accounting code that matches the expense category
- Repeat for each relevant expense category
- Turn off any expense categories that aren’t relevant for your business
- Click done