Getting your business setup on DiviPay is quick and easy. Just follow this guide and you'll be ready to start streamlining your expenses across your business.
Steps 1 - 4 can be completed in the business setup flow that you will be placed in immediately after completing sign up. We recommend completing these actions up front to ensure that you start benefitting from all of the efficiencies DiviPay creates from day 1.
Step 1: Invite your team
- Go to the people page
- Click invite people
- Enter each person’s email address – please use their work email address only
- Select each person’s access level
- Click the send invites button
- An email will be sent to each person with a link to join your DiviPay team and a short introduction to DiviPay
Step 2: Add funds to your account balance
- Go to settings > account balance
- Select transfer
- Login to your online business bank account
- Copy your DiviPay account number, BSB and account name and transfer from your bank account into DiviPay
We recommend transferring enough funds to cover a month’s worth of expenses. If you transfer funds before 4pm they will arrive on the same day. Once funds land in your account balance they will be instantly pushed onto any budgets and cards that you have created.
Please note, this is a secure account number unique to your business. All funds in your account balance are held in trust and can be withdrawn at any time.
Step 3: Link your accounting software
- Go to settings > integrations
- Connect to your accounting software
- Complete the required authentication steps for your accounting software
If your accounting software is not available for integration please get in touch with with us. Our engineers are constantly releasing new integrations and we will be able to provide with you an update on your accounting software.
You can still export all expense data into a CSV as well as all tax invoices and then import these into your accounting software.
Step 4: Map your chart of accounts
Mapping your chart of accounts to DiviPay's expense categories is a one-time step that allows transactions made with DiviPay to automatically import into your accounting software.
To map your chart of accounts:
- Go to settings > chart of accounts
- Click on the ‘select accounting code’ drop down next to a relevant expense category
- Select the accounting code that matches the expense category
- Repeat for each relevant expense category
- Turn off any expense categories that aren’t relevant for your business
- Click save
Please note, you are not required to map your chart of accounts unless you have connected to your accounting software.
Step 5: Create budgets
A budget is allowance funds with one or more people who have access to those funds. Budgets allow you to set rules on team member spending and track their expenses.
You can create budgets for however you think about expenses in your business. Any teams, projects, events, campaigns or one-off expenses can be setup in DiviPay.
Once you create a budget each budget member will be instantly issued with their virtual corporate cards ready for spending.
To create a budget:
- Go to budgets and click create new budgets
- Enter an amount to fund this budget with
- Select how often the budget resets - weekly, monthly or never
- Select an approver for the budget - this is usually the manager of these types of expenses. They will be responsible for approving any requests for additional funds.
- Select budget members - these people will be issued with a virtual corporate card and have access to the funds allocated to them
- Select how the funds are allocated to each budget member - even split and custom allow you to pre-allocate funds while approve every expense requires your budget members to request funds before spending
- Click the create button once you have entered all details into the form
- Your budget will be created instantly and team member will be issued a virtual card with their funds
Step 6: Setup required expense management fields
By default DiviPay captures merchant data, tax invoices, GST and expense category for each expense. If you need to capture additional information for your expenses you can require staff members to record:
- A description for each expense
- The attendees present when an expense was made
- Tracking codes/cost centres (i.e. project codes, client codes, regions)
To set up additional expense management fields:
- Go to settings > expense management
- Turn on any additional fields you need
- Follow the steps required to setup each field
Step 7: Make your first payment
Once funds land in your DiviPay account balance you and your team member will be ready to make their first payment with their unique virtual corporate cards.
Your virtual corporate card can be found in the DiviPay mobile app. Please download this from the App Store or Google Play Store and login.
To make a payment online:
- Tap the 'Pay Online' Icon that appears under the card
- Tap open the budget you want to spend from (this will reveal the card details)
- Tap the copy button to the right of the card number and expiry date to copy these digits into the online checkout
- Tap the green rotate button at the top right of the card to reveal the CVC number
- Copy the CVC number into the online checkout
- Use your own name as the cardholder name and the registered address of your business to complete the billing information
To make a payment in-store:
- Tap the 'Pay In-Store' icon that appears under the card
- Select the budget that transaction will default to. This can be changed later prior to the purchase
- Tap ‘add to wallet’
- Follow the prompts to add the card into your Apple Pay or Google Pay wallet
- Hold your mobile phone over the POS terminal (in the same way you would with your physical card when paying with PayPass)
- Please note, once you have added a card to your mobile wallet app you can access the card directly from the wallet. You can change the budget the transaction is associated to after the payment has been made
Step 8: Complete your expense report
Once a payment is made you will receive a mobile notification instructing you to complete your expense report.
To complete your expense report:
- Tap the notification that you received on your phone
- Upload your tax invoice
- DiviPay will automatically extract the GST amount and categorise your expense for you
- Complete any other fields required if they have been turned on
Step 9: Review your expense data in DiviPay and in your accounting software
The moment a payment is made all data can be reviewed and updated in the reports page.
To review your expense data:
- Go to the reports page
- Review your expense by clicking on it
If you have integrated with your accounting software this data will be instantly imported through into your accounting software. Any changes made to the data in DiviPay will be automatically updated in your accounting software.
Step 10: Roll out DiviPay to your business
Once you're comfortable with DiviPay the final step is to roll it out across your business.
This guide walks you through how to best roll out DiviPay to your business.
If you need help facilitating this process please don't hesitate to get in touch. One of our team members will be more than happy to get your business up and running on DiviPay.