If you need to track client codes, project codes, regions and territories or any other cost-centre for your expenses then setting up custom fields will require your staff members to record any cost-centre related information when they pay for an expense.
To setup a custom-field:
- Go to settings > expense management
- Turn on custom fields
- Click create new custom field
- Enter a field name i.e. Project Codes
- Select which budgets are required to record this information by selecting all applicable budgets from the dropdown list
- Choose how you want your staff to record the information. Choosing a free text field will allow your staff to freely type in required information. Creating a list will allow your staff to select from a defined list of options
- If you select 'create a list' you will be required to enter field options - type each option and hit enter
- Click create to complete your custom field
Staff members in applicable budgets will now be required to record cost centre information when they a make a payment.
A new column will be created for each custom field in the reports page so that you can review and analyse this data.